Tuesday 1 January 2013

From 1 comes 14

I really like repotting my carnivorous plants. At the moment, its one of my happiest times during the way. The reason being is because of how proud I feel. I feel proud because each time I look at a pot, think 'there are 4 plants in that pot, so I will get 4 pots ready', only to empty the pot and realise there are actually many more, makes me happy that not only does that mean I have more than I thought I did, but also means that I am a good grower. After all, the plants would not divide so vigorously if the conditions were bad.

Today was a great example. I started with this plant (taken from a bigger photo):


I looked at it and counted 4 venus flytrap plants in there. Great. I will get 4 pots for this one then. When I emptied the pot...........there was 14 of them!! Most of them were babies, or at least small to medium size.

The photo is crap quality as it was taken from my mobile phone, and all of the VFT's are from the pot pictures above. It just goes to show that you never know how many you'll get. This came from what I call a 'cluster' pot, which is when I know that there are at least 4 VFT's in a pot. I have another 15 of these cluster pots to repot, not to mention all the VFT's with only 2 or 3 in each pot. In other words, a lot of plants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment